Fall is hands-down my time favorite time of year!! What happens outside is what I love most, but what happens inside is pretty great too. To sum it up in one word I'd have to go with...COZY! This especially applies to dinner...Cozy-Comfort-Food. For me, that description means warm, rich, layered, seasonal dishes. I think soup and stews are probably my biggest go-to dishes, which I'm sure is the case for many. Another go-to is, Indian spices, cinnamon & chili powder. I use these seasonings in almost every dish. The last go-to is, seasonal produce...Fall produce is hearty and full of warm flavors, which is why I picked this recipe to share with you. It's one of my favorites and has Fall written all over it!!!
FALL DISHES & A FAVORITE RECIPE:
PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPE:
- Sm./Md. Size pumpkin
- onions (white or yellow)
- 3-4 stalks of celery
- 2-3 carrots
- Plain Yogurt or Coconut Milk
- 32 oz. Carton of Broth (I use low-sodium)
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Cut & Clean pumpkin and divide in halves/Drizzle with Olive Oil and Seasonings of Choice
- Save pumpkin seeds...clean and dry and set aside until later
- Put halves in oven for 45 min. at 350 degrees
- Cut onions, carrots and celery and sauté once pumpkin is done baking
- Once pumpkin is cooked and cooled, puree to a smooth consistency/Then add yogurt & Mix
- Add broth and pumpkin mixture to sautéed mixture/stir until completely combined
- Let soup simmer for 30-35 min./Drizzle-Salt pumpkin seeds & Bake for 15-20 while soup cooks.
- Serve soup with sprinkled pumpkin seeds on top/I'll often add warm bread & salad as well
Here's another quick list of Favorite go-to Fall Dishes...Squash Quesadillas, Warmed Veggie Salad and Homemade Black Bean Burgers w/ Sweet Potato Fries!!! Yes, Yes & Yes!!
Thoughts for next week: Books
BIG HUGS - J